Instead of throwing away your watermelon seeds this summer save them and try this healing tea! While some people will just swallow their watermelon due to laziness or just wanting to add some fiber to their diet there is actually a better way to pull out a lot of healing benefits from these little seeds.
Watermelon seeds have awesome antioxidant properties that can reduce aging, are rich in citrulline, helps again parasites, inflammation, and jaundice.
If you are dealing with high blood pressure and need something to help dilate the blood vessels then you should try watermelon seeds.
All you need to do is gather the seeds up, cook or roast them and then grind them up to extract their incredible healing power.
For around 100 years watermelon seeds have been seen by American scientists as a good treatment for kidney diseases and even urinary tract infections.
When you turn it into a tea, though, it can be a great diuretic to reduce water retention and aid the kidneys in cleansing your system.
If you have kidney stones or an infection grab some watermelon seeds and try this out!
Kidney Cleansing Watermelon Tea:
- Crush up and grind 4 tablespoons of fresh watermelon seeds.
- Cook your seeds in a 67 oz or 2l of water for around 15 minutes.
- This tea will last for two days, try to take it in even doses.
- Do not drink the tea on day 3.
- Repeat this same procedure for the next few weeks or until you feel better.
- Drink it for 2 days, then take a break.
Let us know in the comments below what you love about watermelon seeds!