Yawning during meditation

Take a deep breath and relax. Discuss techniques and meditations, and experiences you've had while meditating!

Yawning during meditation

Postby Licabubble » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Hello everyone!
Im new here and I have a insight to start with, but i need help developing it! During my meditations ive noticed how many times i take over the breathing into a yawning breath. Its like once i have taken that yawning breath i can balance the breathing quite good for about 6 or 7 new breath-takes. And then im liked forced to do it again. Sometimes i dont even achive the real intake of oxoygen that i desiree and im left with a really heavy chest instead. Like my body dont get the relaxation that im looking for in my breathing. So the heave chest that i feel, as the result of to little oxygen is surley combined with the yawning behavior.
And i have also relized that this is how every day for me looks like, more or less. For how many times have i been walking around with a heavy chest and the constant behavior of yawning? Most of the times i dont think about that im doing it. But during the meditation it becomes very obvious, ofcourse!. In fact during the time ive been writing this post ive been taking many yawning breaths, like a force all the time, or this need to do it!
I cant belive actually how normal this is to me and that i have never been reflecting over its behavior before!

Now i need help understanding this behavior even more! As far as i can think i relate this to the chakras.. im littled familiar with the different chakras, but not in a very experienced way. So far i can understand that there has to be some huge blocking in some chakra or some overstimulation in some. But it really feels like my chest is plugged! For sure!
So any suggestions? Where do I start to open the flow, how do i do it ? Dos anyone else feel the same? Some speciall sound, or exercise? Which chakra is it about, is it only the heart or someone else? How do i even know i have all the chakras, i read that everyone dont have them developed? And how do i know which one i have, which one is weeker or stronger?
Im really excited to learn more about this, and feel my heart easy and warm, instead of heavy and blank!
I just realized that maybe this is the wrong post, i only ask about chakras.. lol.. Im not that familiar with how to get around on the webbsite quite yet but i really like what i see here many topics and great people!!.. :D Thanks!...
~One of the best way to save time is to give a little more time!..
Licabubble
On the Eightfold Path...

Re: Yawning during meditation

Postby plkeeper » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:35 pm

ok, from what i know of self experience, yawning means that you are increasing your vibration in a meditation.
For example, i do meditation for one and a half years , and every time i start meditating i yawn a couple of times ;)

The heart is a tricky one -> i think that is linked with your heart chakra and that heaviness is one of the "symptoms" of your chakra opening.
Recently I've been trying to open my heart chakra, and the first things i felt was a sense of high heart beat and of heaviness.. I hope i could help.

But that is just my opinion of stuff :P

"I know that I know nothing" Socrates
plkeeper
Brainy Banana

Postby -Rex- » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:59 am

Yawning is a natural occurrence when your breathing pattern changes suddenly. Are you meditating while tired/before becoming relaxed? Relaxing before meditation is important because it's not a huge shift into a new body state, which can be distracting. Also, thinking about it a lot can make it more constant. That's why yawning is contagious.
-Rex-
Its Fibonacci!

Postby Licabubble » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Thanks for some awnsers! :)
I would say that im relaxed before meditation and not tired! I didnt think about yawning as a form of raising the vibration but its an interesting view. Maybe this is just a phase. But thinking back on my behavior before starting the medtitation i can really see this type of pattern. Sometimes when i want to yawn i dont even succed to do it! its like i cant reach the amout of air i want to take in and im left with an unsuccedfull breathtake, and heavy chest! Its like an unfinished orgasm :lol: hehe. Maybe its not a common feeling, i know some things can be very personal related too.
Sometimes ive been relating this to anxiety! my emotionall path has been a bumby road for many years so it would defenitly make sense. But if its also about that my chakra is about to open its been trying to open for a few years now. But it would make sense to..
about chakras, any good common ways of trying to open the heart chakra? Maybe this question is better suited over there but i can give it a try first : )
And dose it matter if you breath in and out by the nose, or is it better to breathe in to the nose and out by the mouth?
~One of the best way to save time is to give a little more time!..
Licabubble
On the Eightfold Path...

Postby zenji » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:53 am

Yawning during meditation means that you are releasing and you are the luck one. When I meditate (for one hour) I yawn the whole hour. If you can start yawning easily means that you can release faster.
I hope it helped.
Thanks
zenji
A Dot!

Postby buddy7550 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:33 pm

i never imagined yawning had an effect like so.. learn something new everyday i guess
from what i experience, a heavy chest feeling could be a blocking of thoughts while you try to clear your mind and relax, i yawn i bit around that time but not every night.. just when im active trying to settle down to meditate.. but also when im constantly thinking about something in general and trying to clear my head i get a heavy chest feeling.. hope it helps a bit
buddy7550
Its Fibonacci!

Return to Meditation